- Home Page
- Digital Resources
- Useful Links
- Ask a Librarian
Online databases and community e-resources for learning and referencing
In order to support cross-curricular studies and to develop students' research and writing skills, the following online databases, Questia (e-books), JSTOR (e-journals), National Geographic, Britannica Online, WiseNews (an online newspaper platform), Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) and some public libraries e-resources have been included to aid students doing research. This digital library contains a large collection of online books, magazines, journal articles and multi-media resources. They serve as good tools for students to develop their active learning habit and will definitely help high school students in the process of their project learning.
All users are required to have individual accounts for access. For enquiries, please visit the school library or email the librarian.
3. National Geographic Virtual Library
4. WiseNews (News Platform)
Hit “IP Access” within school campus to login
5. Britannica Online
Login to eClass (Click the last icon with a globe) to get access to Britannica Online
6. Gale Virtual Reference Library
Please contact the librarian for the login password.
7. Hong Kong Public Libraries e-Databases
Hong Kong Public Libraries e-Resources are licensed for use by authorized users of the Hong Kong Public Libraries (HKPL). All library card holders of the HKPL may access the e-Resources via the Internet accordingly.
Readers may access the e-books via the following means:
• Remote Access: available for access via Internet by library card holders.
• Library Access: available for on-site access inside the Hong Kong Public Libraries via Multimedia Information System (MMIS)
Application for Library Card
- E-Database LINK and highlights
Opposing Viewpoints in Context
• A complete one-stop source for information on social issues: the facts as well as the arguments of each topic’s proponents and detractors
• Frameworks that allow students to explore each topic’s many facets
Science in Context
• Subjects covered include Earth Science, Environmental Science, History of Science, Life Sciences, Physical Science, Science and Technology, Science as
Inquiry and Space Science etc.
Biography in Context
• A biographical database on more than 500,000 people in a broad range of subject areas. The information contained within Biography in Context is
perfect for a multitude of subject areas such as, but not limited to, science, multicultural studies, business, politics, government, history,
entertainment, sports, arts, and literature.
PLKNPLC Career Guidance website
The following link contains useful career guidance information for IB students and parents.
To ensure originality, Turnitin®, a cloud-based plagiarism prevention software has been included as a tool for originality check; and also to help students learn by facilitating personalized feedback.
Student guide to Turnitin.com
A Student User manual can be downloaded from the following link and please refer to it.
Create an account
Ask your instructor or your librarian for a password to create a new user profile.
(Resources for IB schools, teachers and students that complement the IB programmes, mission and values)
Ask a Librarian
For enquiry of our printed and digital library resources, please feel free to write the librarian through the eClass email. Or simply come visit the school library. We are glad to be of help.
Library Supervisor: Miss Kwan Sin Ying Sandra
Librarian: Miss Jasmine Tsui
Library Assistants: Ms. Thaika Amina Mafrooha, Mr. Chiang Hong Ki Daniel, Mr. Chan Sheung Lan Kevin
Chairpersons of the Student Library Team: Ivan Tseng (5S1), Ryan Yip (5S1)